Food Review - Kki Sweets (School of the Arts), Part 2

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

So, I went back to Kki Sweets 7 days after the previous one HERE, because I was craving badly for their awesome cakes. However, I was sorely disappointed by my second visit.

Mont Blanc ($9.80)

Mont Blanc at Kki Sweets

The Mont Blanc at Kki is chestnut paste with fresh creme on almond tart base. This looks so pretty, it can serve as an edible Christmas tree on its own in 3 months time. However, we thought that the tart base could be better i.e more crunchy, less sand-like texture. The chestnut paste was smooth but dry, and you can get sick of it very fast if you do not have any water or tea to cleanse your palette.

Onigiri ($9.00)
Onigiri at Kki Sweets

The Onigiri is basil milk chocolate mousse with blood orange. We ordered this because this was supposedly one of the more popular ones, according to the comments on their Facebook page. The chocolate mousse is actually pretty nice, and has their signature style which is the unbeatable smooth texture. Although I am always going for the more adventurous food (like eating silk worms in Korea), the blood orange is really sour and slightly bitter - the flavours of which you would not expect in a Japanese-style cake. 

I guess, what kind of cakes you like in here really boils down to your own individual preferences. If you are looking for awesome cakes, go for the flavours that you like or you are comfortable with, since being adventurous is really expensive at Kki. 

Despite all this, I would still go back for the friendly service and the Antoinette whenever I get the chance. I hope the owner would still recognise me when I drop by the next time. REMEMBER THE BLONDE HAIR EVILBEAN!

SECOND Revised Cafe Rating (out of 5 Evilbeans):

  (3.5)

Evilbean's last words/recommendation:
- Friendly owner that recognised me! You would have to really do a thorough research before ordering their cakes, since one slice comes up to be almost $10. Love the friendly service, the cafe ambience, but I expected all of the cakes to be perfection and I was disappointed by my adventurous re-visit.
- MUST-ORDER: Still Antoinette.



Kki Sweets

1 Zubir Said Drive, 
02-01 School of the Arts SOTA (Dhoby Ghaut MRT)
Tel: +65 6225 6650
Opening Hours: 12:00 pm – 8:30 pm Daily

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like Evilbean on Facebook